Tuesday, August 9, 2011

A "Ginormous" May

We actually didn't do much during May.  I was still feeling pretty bad.  BUT we did have once crazy little incident right here on our street.  One morning I was in my bathroom fixing my hair, (yes even though I'm a stay at home mom I still fix my hair every day ;), and I heard a loud commotion outside.  I looked out the window and I saw an Animal Control officer running down the street waving a rope like a lasso.  I immediately thought, that's a little excessive for someone's dog.  I went to my front door and peeked out the window and gasped.  There was a ginormous (trust me people, there was no other way to descibe it) hog running down the street.  I grabbed my cell and started taking pics and shooting video.  I even brought Addison outside to see it - as soon as I was sure it wasn't dangerous. 
















Someone finally came with a big trailer, loaded the pig up and took her away.  But not before several neighbors suggested a Cochon de Lait (for you foreigners that's Cajun for pig roast).  Later that evening there was a knock at the door and there was a news reporter there wanting to do a story on the big pig running loose through the city.  I was apparently the only one home at the time, so guess who got picked to be on the news?  You guessed it!  I was totally classy about it too.  I even demonstrated how the animal control officer waved the rope like a lasso.  Thank goodness whoever edited the clip took pity on me and took that out.  One thing that did make it into the piece though was me described the pig as "ginormous" - yep, Redneck!  He asked me to describe the pig - what would you  have said??  Lol.  We later learned that this was not a wild hog as we first thought, but just someone's really big pig that escaped from their farm.  Do I have a copy of the news clip?  Nope!  But I do have it saved to the dvr at my house so if you REALLY want to see it, just come over :)

The only other thing we did during May was go to baby Elizabeth's 1st birthday party.  She is one of the cutest baby girls ever.  Always smiling and oh so friendly.  We had a great time at her party.  Addison was really missing all her friends and was so excited to see them.



Stayed tuned to see the two newest members of our family :)

No comments:

Post a Comment