Tuesday, August 17, 2010

DEMCO Antics, Family Visits, and Slideshows

So I had just completed this long post then somehow completely deleted it.  Oh this day.  Let's see what I can remember... 

Warning, the first part of this post will be a rant of sorts.  Last night at 2:00am our power went out.  There wasn't any bad weather or anything.  The night before last we had terrible storms all night and never lost power.  Last night was all peaceful and quiet and then BOOM, out it went.  I'm pretty much convinced this is DEMCO's version of the rolling blackout, where they knock their customers power out for a time to save money.  The reason this is such a big deal is because Erik and I are box fan dependant.  The box fan doesn't work when the power's out.  No box fan = no sleep.  Not to mention how hot it gets!  Erik tried to download a white noise app to his phone, but we couldn't get it to work.  So we are both sleepy and cranky people this morning! 








Ok enough grumbling.  My brother Matt is coming to visit tomorrow.  I'm going to make a cake for him since his birthday was last week.  We can't wait to see him.  Addison has been practicing her "Appy Erfday" song just for him. 

A few weekends ago we went to see some of Erik's family in Columbia.  Addison got to meet her 92 year old great great grandmother.  That was really special.  She loved playing with cousin Cameron.  He is sooooo sweet.  I really could have taken him home!  Addison kept calling him Caillou after her favorite cartoon little boy.  We hope to see them all again really soon!

Addison with Memaw Malcolm and Cameron

Addison kissing Great Great Grandmother Coates and Erik with Grandmother Coates - he just adores her!


In other news, I've been working on a birthday slideshow for the sweetest little boy.  I could look at his pictures all day - he is just so loveable!  Here he is with his beautiful mama Jada.  Isn't he adorable?


Have a great day everyone!  I will be on the lookout for a battery operated box fan and some caffeine :)

1 comment:

  1. We are box fan dependent as well, and bring it to all over-night stays! It's crazy the things we rely on to get a good nights sleep!

    ReplyDelete