Saturday, May 22, 2010

On this day, 6 years ago....

Was I nervous? Did I have butterflies in my stomach? Not me - not even for a second. I knew exactly what I wanted and exactly what I was getting into. Marrying Erik was one of the best things I've ever done. He's my best friend, my hero, my prince charming, a GREAT kisser, a great back rubber, a wonderful father and husband, etc, etc. I prayed for many years that I would find someone like Erik, now I thank God every day for answering that prayer.

We got married at Parkview Baptist on a beautiful sunny day surrounded by friends and family. It was supposed to be an evening candlelit service, but at 6:00 on a summer evening the sun is still high and bright in the sky! I did start to tear up right before I walked down the aisle, because I couldn't believe how lucky I was. Then Erik swears that I cried when I said the word "poorer" while reciting our vows, ha ha! We gave our moms roses, lit our unity candle, shed a few tears, and then walked down the aisle towards the rest of our lives.




















Then it was off to the reception! We had promised the bridal party they could ride with us in the limo to the reception hall, but the limo company sent us the wrong limo! We packed about 13-14 people in a 6 person limo for that 20 minute ride - one of my favorite memories! We goofed off the whole way. We walked into the reception to the LSU Fight Song - oh yes we did! Then our first dance was to "I Cross My Heart" by George Strait. And the cakes - well, they were just fantastic. We had so much fun that night. We ate great food, danced, and just hung out with our friends and family.
























It's fun reliving these memories. I hope they always stay as fresh in my mind as they are today. On this day, 6 years ago, Erik and I joined our hands, our hearts, and our lives. And we are still going strong.




















No comments:

Post a Comment