Monday, May 24, 2010

My Anniversary Surprise

Well, I had just finished doing our anniversary post on here Saturday morning when my back door opened and my mom walked in. She was supposed to watch Addison later that night so me and Erik could go have dinner at Mansur's, so I was surprised to see her so early. When I asked her what she was doing here, Erik walked up to me and said, "Surprise! We're not going to Mansur's to celebrate our Anniversary, we're going to Natchez for the weekend. Get dressed and let's go!" Wow - he really got me! I had no idea!!

We packed up Addison and sent her on her way to Nana & Paw Paw's for the weekend. Then we jumped in the car and headed out. We stopped in St. Francisville first and toured the Rosedown Plantation. It was beautiful and probably my favorite place that we went all weekend.

Rosedown Plantation:














The gardens and grounds were so gorgeous.














































After touring Rosedown he brought me to eat lunch at Mammy's Cupboard. What a cool little place! They had the best coconut cream pie, yummy!




















Then we headed on to Natchez. We toured Longwood which is the largest octagonal house in America. It's 30,000 square feet! Although only the basement was actually completed. The Civil War broke out during construction and the inside was never finished. We took a picture of the original floorplan since Erik is all about building an octagonal house now, ha ha.




















































Then we went to check out the Natchez Historic Cemetery. We saw some really interesting and old grave sites. I definitely wouldn't want my headstone to say this:














Poor Louise!

After the cemetery, we checked into our hotel. We stayed at the Natchez Grand. It was beautiful. We had the suite with the biggest balcony overlooking the river. Our view was beautiful.














The next morning we had breakfast at the hotel, then set off to visit more of the antebellum homes. We visited Monmouth Plantation and then Stanton Hall where we had a fabulous lunch at their Carriage House Restaurant. We ended the afternoon visiting the Dunleith home. Then it was time to head home. We had such a great time that I didn't want to leave!
Just a few more photos from our adventure:
























































































I can't wait to go back. Thank you so much baby for a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are absolutely beautiful!!! And you look so pretty in your dress... and your pictures are beautiful! I'd like to go on your next anny.trip, too please. :) And Poor Louise! xo

    ReplyDelete