Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hiding from Germs...

This is Carley, coming to you from my hideout. That's right, I've been in hiding...from germs. I guess I wasn't doing a very good job. I had a 2 week (plus a few days) killer cold that I'm still recovering from. Us stay-at-home mama's just aren't used to those yucky kid super germs. Poor Addison has been cooped up with me. She is going STIR CRAZY!! Just because we are "stay at home" doesn't mean we usually stay at home! She is used to getting out, going on playdates, going grocery shopping, etc. We've had to bundle up because of the weather and play here (all while looking out for the neighbors killer dog - that's a story for another day).

Here is Addison after crying/begging to go outside on the coldest day of the year....

See that face?  She loves to be outside.  She would live out there if I let her.

Only good daddies actually get IN the play house....

And what a good hubby he is too.  While I've been sick he's brought me chocolate ice cream, king cake, kleenex infused with vicks vapor rub (who knew they had such a thing??), and has done all the grocery shopping.  What would I do without him!  

So yes I am still alive!  Just hiding.  I did get out last night for cake class and learned how to make roses,  mums, and carnations out of fondant.  Took 2 hours to make 3 flowers - wow!  Here's a cell phone shot of my work (carnation not pictured)....


 Next week is the final class.  I'm kind of sad....  I've really enjoyed it.  Stay tuned tomorrow for a post on Barney live!

Achoo!  Just kidding :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment