Thursday, July 15, 2010

Black Widows & Cake Class

So we've had a new visitor around lately.

Creepy isn't she?  Lindsey would probably say she's beautiful...  Anyhow it seems the new construction next door has stirred them up.  Erik found two in Addison's little car the other day (don't worry playgroup mommy's, I went on a spider hunt before y'all came over!).  So we called our bug man to come out and spray the house and yard.  Our bug man cracks me up.  He's just like your stereotypical bug man.  Mostly bald, short, skinny, big glasses, nerdy.  Don't get me wrong I think he's the nicest guy and I thoroughly appreciate the service he performs.  I'm not making fun of him at all., just saying that he picked the perfect profession :)

Our cake class was great.  For the first one she just kind of went over the workbook and told us what extra supplies we would need (I can totally see how this can turn into an expensive hobby).  For the next class we have to bring in a cake and our homemade buttercream icing.  Then she is going to show us how to ice it correctly and start some decorations.  Mom  is coming over on Monday night and we are going to make our cakes and icing together.  Super excited for next week's class!

No comments:

Post a Comment